PRIA International Academy of Lifelong Learning (PIALL) is the academic wing within PRIA conducting educational programmes of human and social development. The primary clientele for PIALL courses is from the development sector—mid-career professionals; practitioners with strong field experience and informal learning; adult learners who want to develop an academic base to complement practical experience; young professionals wanting upward mobility within an organisation.
PIALL is at present offering 6-month duration online Certificate Courses on the following subjects:
- International Perspectives in Participatory Research (in joint certification with University of Victoria, Canada)
- International Perspectives in Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation (in joint certification with University of Victoria, Canada)
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Understanding Gender in Society
- Participatory Training Methods
- Local Self Governance
- Social Accountability
- NGO Management (Basic)
- Urban Poverty
The certificate courses are self-learning courses which are facilitated by an instructor who is accessible to the student for any advice or issues.
For more details about these courses access: http://www.pria.org/about-pria/our-divisions/piall/piall-distance-learning-courses/overview-current-course-offers/certificate-courses
The last date for applying for these courses is April 2013 and the courses are envisioned to be completed by October 2013. Apply Quick!